REMOURBAN aims at the development and validation in three lighthouse cities (Valladolid-Spain, Nottingham-UK and Tepebasi/Eskisehir-Turkey) of a sustainable urban regeneration model that leverages the convergence area of the energy, mobility and ICT sectors in order to accelerate the deployment of innovative technologies, organisational and economic solutions to significantly increase resource and energy efficiency, improve the sustainability of urban transport and drastically reduce greenhouse gas emissions in urban areas.
The urban renovation strategy will be focused on the citizens, because they become the cornerstones to making a smart city a reality and will not only be the most affected by the improvements but also they will be the common factor of each of them.
1. Developing a sustainable urban regeneration model, considering a holistic approach, which supports the decision making of the main stakeholders for addressing wide renovation and city transformation processes.
2. Validating the urban regeneration model by means of large scale interventions on several cities called lighthouse cities, Valladolid, Nottingham and Tepebasi/Eskisehir (more than 1.000 dwellings retrofitted, more than 190 EV deployed and a total investment higher than 14 M€).
3. Guaranteeing the replicability of the model at European level. Two cities will be also involved in the consortium, called follower cities, Seraing (Belgium) and Miskolc (Hungary) and will be developed a procedure for assessing the replicability potential of the model.
4. It is planned an intense activity focused on generating exploitation and market deployment strategies to support the commercial exploitation of the project outcomes.
5. It will be deployed a powerful communication and dissemination plan. This plan will integrate a citizen engagement strategy and will disseminate the benefits of the project to a wide variety of audiences (more than 11.000 citizens engaged).
If interested, please contact us at : firstname.lastname@example.org